May 10, 2010

Movie Mondays!






Not quite as good as its press, Borat manages to be hysterically funny in some moments and excruciatingly painful to watch in others. Give Sacha Baron Cohen credit though for so totally embracing a character the film truly plays like a documentary. A cross-country odyssey of a faux Kazakhstani TV personality on his first visit to the US. Nothing is as amazing as the sheer terror Cohen induces when he finally meets the object of his desire in person. There are moments that will have you crying with laughter but unfortunately they aren't so frequent that I could rate the film higher than three stars. Still, it’s worth a watch.

I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments: